BE A PART OF THE DRILL JUNIOR COMPANY
DRILL's next dance program for young people, Junior Company, is here and we're looking for dancers aged 10 to 14 to become a part of our 2018 company!
Junior Company is a contemporary dance program for young people aged 10 to 14. Running for eight weeks over October and November 2018, participants will meet twice a week at the Moonah Arts Centre to work with choreographer Joshua Lowe.
Junior Company is a non-competitive, collaborative dance experience that values the young dancers’ input, and encourages them to engage with a theme and respond with their own choreography.
The project includes:
- Contemporary technique classes during which participants will learn dance phrases that promote freedom of movement, including floor work.
- Instruction on safe dance practice.
- Discussions on the topic/theme of the work.
- Learning movement material made by the choreographer in response to the theme.
- Choreographic tasks that ask participants to create and share their own choreography, both individually and in groups.
- Activities that facilitate sharing, communication, and the creation of new friendships.
- Two days at the Peter Underwood Centre in the Hobart city centre, working with new technology.
In the final week, the company will present the work at the Moonah Arts Centre, performing for their peers, family and community. The dancers will also perform at the MONA 24 Carrot Carnival on November 9th.
PLEASE NOTE: The performance date has now been changed to Thursday November 29th so as not to clash with the Primary Schools Band and Choir Concert, so students involved in this can now do both.
There is no audition process for this project – interested participants MUST register below before September 3rd and then attend the call out day:
Date: Tuesday September 4th
Time: 4:00pm to 5:30pm
Venue: Moonah Arts Centre (23-27 Albert Road, Moonah TAS 7009)
If you have any questions at all, please contact Joshua on 0408 660 748 or email@example.com.